Annie’s Honey Biscuits, with Mountain Valley Honey Rata Honey
Here at Mountain Valley Honey, we always enjoy tried & true family recipes.
- 125g butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup MVH Rātā Honey (warmed)
- Soften butter and beat with caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Add egg yolk and beat well.
- Sift flour and baking soda together. Fold into the creamed mixture with warmed honey.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Kneed mixture gently on a lightly floured surface. Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 0.5cm thick.
- Using a 4.5cm cutter, cut rounds from dough. Arrange on a greased tray, space apart as they spread a little.
- Bake at 180°C for 8-12 minutes until firm to touch.
- When cool, sandwich together with white or pink icing
- Enjoy with your nearest and dearest 😊