Asparagus Pockets Recipe with Kamahi Honey
This Asparagus Pocket recipe is an easy and dainty appetizer or brunch idea. With light, flaky pastry and fresh asparagus, the delicious Kāmahi Honey and thyme drizzle takes this spring recipe to the next level. Perfect for entertaining!
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round of brie, cut into 8 slices
- 70g prosciutto
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. MVH Kāmahi Honey
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the asparagus, oil and some salt and pepper to a bowl and toss to coat the asparagus.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 8 squares. Place a slice of brie in the centre of each square. Wrap a few asparagus spears in prosciutto and place along the brie slice.
- Lift two opposite corners of the puff pastry squares, wrap them around the filling and press to seal. Repeat for each square. Place on the baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with the egg before transferring the tray to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, melt the honey and butter with the thyme leaves.
- Remove the pockets from the oven and drizzle with the honey. Serve immediately.