Caramelised Mascarpone & Rhubarb Brioche Recipe with Bakers Honey
This cafe-style French brioche is just perfect for high tea on a Sunday afternoon. Why not treat yourself to something just a little bit fancy.
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 4 Tbsp. MVH Bakers Honey
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2½ tsp. of dried yeast
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten together
- ⅓ cup lukewarm milk
- 125g cubed, softened butter
Caramelised Mascarpone & Rhubarb Topping
- 100g mascarpone
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- ⅓ cup MVH Bakers Honey
- 4 stalks of rhubarb, finely sliced
- In an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour, orange zest, yeast and mix well.
- In a jug whisk together the milk, orange juice, honey, egg and egg yolk until well combined.
- With the mixer on medium speed, slowly pour in the milk mixture and mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Add the softened, cubed butter and continue to mix until the dough is smooth and glossy.
- Transfer the dough on to a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Once kneaded, transfer the dough to a bowl and cover with gladwrap. Leave in a warm place to proof for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C on Fan Bake.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, roll out to a 30cm circle and transfer to a lined tart tin.
- In a small bowl, stir the vanilla paste though the mascarpone and spread over the dough circle, leaving a 2cm edge around the outside topping free.
- Drizzle the honey over the mascarpone and sprinkle the finely sliced rhubarb over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden and the rhubarb is cooked through.
- Serve warm as is or with extra mascarpone or a good quality vanilla ice cream.