Chili Honey Halloumi Bites Recipe with Kānuka Honey
This chili honey halloumi bites recipe is a sweet and spicy delight for any occasion! These delectable bite-sized treats are perfect for entertaining guests or enjoying a cozy night in. Indulge in the crispy exterior and salty halloumi cheese, enhanced with a tantalizing blend of chili flakes and the rich, smooth sweetness of our Kānuka Honey. Whether you’re hosting a party, seeking a unique appetiser, or simply craving a flavourful snack, these bites will satisfy your taste buds with their irresistible combination of textures and flavours.
- 2 blocks of halloumi cheese, cut into 12 cubes each
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- ⅓ cup MVH Kānuka Honey
- ½ tsp. chili flakes + more for sprinkling
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220oC and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add the beaten eggs to a bowl and add the bread crumbs, parmesan and sesame seeds to another.
- Dip the halloumi cubes into the egg to coat. Remove from the egg and toss in the crumb mixture. Press into the cubes if they aren’t sticking well.
- Place each cube on the prepared tray with space between each. Drizzle with oil and bake for 10 minutes before flipping and cooking another 10 minutes on the opposite side.
- In a small jug, warm the honey until liquid. Add the chili flakes and mix.
- Drizzle the honey over the halloumi bites and sprinkle with some extra chili and sea salt. Serve immediately.