Chili & Honey Prawn Bruschetta Recipe with Mānuka Honey
Win over your guests with this tasty, toasty Italian snack. This antipasto recipe is perfect for parties – serve as a snack or appetizer.
- 8 slices French stick, cut on angle 2cm thick
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 16 raw, deveined prawns
- 1 Tbsp. MVH Mānuka Honey
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- Half lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the slices of French stick with the oil on both sides and arrange evenly on the baking tray. Bake for 7-8 minutes either side or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Add the butter to a frying pan and heat over a medium-high heat. Distribute the prawns evenly around the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle the honey over the prawns before turning and cooking for another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through completely.
- To assemble, top the slices of French stick with the avocado then prawns. Sprinkle the chili flakes on top and add a squeeze of lemon to each. Add the zest, salt and coriander then serve immediately.