Honey & Lemon Scones Recipe with Beech Honeydew Honey
This Honey & Lemon Scones Recipe is delightful for those who love the combination of sweet and tangy flavours. These scones are perfect for a cozy breakfast or brunch, paired with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Made with our Beech Honeydew Honey and lemon zest, they are easy to make and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy them fresh from the oven or drizzled with the simple glaze for an extra touch of sweetness.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups cream
- ¼ cup MVH Beech Honeydew Honey
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the honey, cream and lemon zest and mix until the dough begins to come together.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and gently knead, adding a little flour if too sticky.
- Shape into a 20cm circle. Cut into 8 wedges and place each wedge onto the prepared tray with 1 inch between each.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together to make the glaze. Drizzle over the scones after allowing to cool for 5 minutes.