Honey & Oat Bread Recipe with Beech Honeydew Honey
Honey oat bread is the perfect baked good for a cozy morning or afternoon snack. This warm, delicious snack can be enjoyed by anyone who loves the wholesome, comforting taste of homemade bread. Serve toasted with butter and honey (or your favourite jam), and savour the subtle sweetness of our Beech Honeydew Honey.
- 3¼ cups high-quality flour
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 2½ tsp. Surebake yeast
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- ¼ cup MVH Beech Honeydew Honey
- 1 Tbsp. MVH Beech Honeydew Honey
- 1 Tbsp. quick oats
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer bowl.
- Heat the butter and milk in a small saucepan over a low heat until just melted. Stir in the water and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Knead for 10 minutes (or 6-7 minutes using a stand mixer). Be sure not to over-knead. Add small amounts of flour if still sticky.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Allow to rise in a warm location for an hour.
- Fold slightly and place seam-down in a loaf tin. Allow to rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Brush the top of the bread with the tablespoon of honey and sprinkle with the extra oats. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.