Honey Bacon and Lime Avo Smash with Beech Honeydew Honey
Indulge in a burst of flavour with this honey bacon and lime avo smash recipe. This tasty breakfast effortlessly combines crispy honey-glazed bacon, creamy avocado mash infused with zesty lime, and the unique sweetness of our Beech Honeydew Honey.
Perfect for a leisurely brunch or a quick, satisfying meal, this recipe harmonizes savoury, sweet, and tangy notes to tantalize your taste buds. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a delightful morning moment that celebrates the art of combining flavours and textures.
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 Tbsp. MVH Beech Honeydew Honey
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp. roughly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 slices of artisan bread
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200oC fan bake and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the bacon across the prepared tray and brush with the honey. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado, coriander, lime juice and a little salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Poach the eggs and toast the bread. Spread the avocado mixture between the two slices and top with the eggs and bacon. Sprinkle a small pinch of chilli flakes over top and season.