Honey Butter Chicken Recipe with Kānuka Honey
The secret ingredient in our butter chicken recipe gives this Indian favourite a unique twist. The deliciously creamy, tomato gravy with just a hint of honey sweetness is guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family!
- 500g chicken thighs, skinless & boneless
- ⅓ cup plain unsweetened greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 3 Tbsp. MVH Kānuka Honey
- Salt to season
- 1 Tbsp. cream
- Cut the chicken into 3cm cubes. Mix in a bowl with the marinade ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Place the chicken (putting aside any remaining marinade) onto a baking tray with baking paper and grill in the oven until the top begins to char. Turn the pieces and continue to cook until the other side is slightly charred.
- Blend the soaked cashews and a little water to form a paste and set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat the butter until melted. Add the garlic and turmeric and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree, any leftover marinade, garam masala and cook for 1 more minute. Add the cashew paste and honey and remove the pot from the heat.
- Blend the sauce using a stick blender, until smooth. Add salt to season and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately with rice.