Honey Caramel and Banana Brulee Slice Recipe with Native Bush Honey
This is definitely a contender for the best caramel slice ever with a coconut biscuit base, thick layer of delicious caramel and banging banana brulee. Perfect to satisfy your sugar craving – just make sure you’ve got someone to share it with!
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, half melted, half chopped
- 2 Tbsp. MVH Native Bush Honey
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 small bananas, halved lengthways
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, coconut, brown sugar and melted butter. Press evenly into the loaf tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the remaining butter, honey and condensed milk into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat, stirring often. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the mixture over the base and cook for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Remove the slice from the tin and top with the banana slices. Trim to size. Sprinkle with the sugar and use a blowtorch to brulee the top. Cool before slicing to serve.
Note: Best eaten immediately as the brulee will soften.