Honey Chai Tea Recipe with Kanuka Honey
Originating in India, chai tea has become immensely popular all over the world and is now a feature in many cafes. If you're craving a decadent hot drink that you can enjoy at home then try this delicious recipe that uses our Kanuka Honey as the perfect sweetener.
- ½ Star Anise
- 5 whole Cloves
- 5 Cardamom Pods
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of ground Ginger
- 2 Peppercorns
- 1¼ cup Water
- 2 Black Tea Bags
- 1½ Tbsp. MVH Kanuka Honey
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Milk of choice
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Crush the star anise, cloves and cardamom pods.
- Add all of the spices, water, tea and honey to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve and stir through the vanilla.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan or microwave until starting to steam and stir into the chai concentrate.
- Pour into two mugs and serve with whipped cream if desired.