Honey Soy Noodles with Crispy Chicken Recipe with Native Bush Honey
This quick and easy chicken and vege stir fry makes for a delicious mid-week dinner that the whole family will love. Substitute the veggies for anything you’ve got in the fridge that needs eating and get dinner on the table in a jiffy.
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 500g diced chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. MVH Native Bush Honey
- 3 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2½ tsp. cornflour
- 3 cakes of egg noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ cup edamame beans
- Place the flour, cornflour and salt in a large bowl and whisk together. In a smaller bowl whisk together the eggs and soy sauce.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry. In batches, coat the chicken in cornflour, followed by the egg mixture, then cornflour again. Drop the pieces into the oil and fry for 4-5 minutes each. Remove with a slotted spoon and rest on some paper towels to soak any excess oil.
- Pour the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet and set aside.
- Stir fry the vegetables for 2-3 minutes over a high heat then add sauce, noodles and chicken until heated through. Serve immediately.