Lemon, Honey & Fig Cake Recipe with Kāmahi Honey
This lemon, honey and fig cake recipe is sure to become a fast favourite at any gathering. Our Kāmahi Honey lends the perfect character to this classic baked treat. Whether it’s a casual weekend brunch or a comforting dessert after a family dinner, this cake brings a touch of warmth to your table with its inviting flavours. Easy to whip up, it’s perfect for when you want to impress without the stress. So why not cut yourself a slice of this homely, fruity delight and enjoy a moment of simple happiness?
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 225g butter
- ⅔ cup MVH Kāmahi Honey
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 dried figs, halved and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and honey with a beater until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is formed.
- Add the milk and lemon zest until well mixed through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Place the fig pieces evenly around the batter (you won’t need to push them down). Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve immediately. May need to be heated after a day or so to ensure soft and moist.