Lemon, Honey & Poppy Seed Pancakes Recipe with Kānuka Honey
These lemon and honey pancakes are easy to make and taste like sunshine. The delicious flavour comes from fresh lemon juice and our Kānuka Honey. Bright, fluffy and fresh – sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cup flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- ¼ cup MVH Kānuka Honey
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 10 minutes until slightly curdled.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds. Whisk together.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the honey and butter and heat for 20-30 seconds, or until melted. Add to the milk mixture with the eggs and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula until just combined.
- Preheat a frying pan over a medium heat. Melt ½ Tbsp. butter and spread across the pan. Pour ¼ cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with all of the mixture.
- Serve immediately. We whipped some creme fraiche with honey to top.