Mānuka Honey & Lavender Marshmallow Recipe
These magical homemade marshmallows are sure to become a family favourite. Creamy, fluffy and light as air, you’ll never want to buy store-bought again! These are perfect for sandwiching in a s’more, popping into a mug of hot chocolate or as a unique gift for a special friend.
- 1½ Tbsp. gelatin powder
- ¼ cup cold water + 2 Tbsp.
- ½ cup MVH Mānuka Honey
- 1 Tbsp. food-grade dried lavender
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine the gelatin and ¼ cup of water and allow to bloom.
- Pour the honey, lavender, salt and 2 Tbsp. of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep at a rolling boil for two minutes then strain to remove the lavender.
- Turn your mixer onto low and slowly drizzle the honey mixture in. Slowly increase the speed to high to avoid splatter.
- Add the vanilla then continue to beat for 5-7 minutes, until the mixture turns white and a creamy marshmallow consistency.
- Quickly pour into a small lined pan (or silicon mini loaf pans work well). The key is to do this at speed as it sets very fast.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 4-6 hours. Slice with a greased knife.