Mini Blue Cheese, Pear & Honey Croissant Appetizers Recipe with Native Bush Honey
This recipe uses just five ingredients and is perfect for creating an easy and delicious, crowd-pleasing appetiser. Our Native Bush Honey pairs perfectly with the blue cheese and these tasty morsels are great to get the party started.
- 6 pack frozen petit croissants
- MVH Native Bush Honey
- Blue cheese
- ½ pear, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to the temperature suggested in the croissant packet instructions. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the croissants from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes.
- Very gently unravel the croissants and cut in half across the length of the pastry. Cut another line through the middle of the length of the larger pastry half, so you are left with 3 pieces. Repeat with each croissant.
- At the large end of each piece of pastry spoon about ½ tsp. of honey. Top with a slice of pear and a small chunk of blue cheese.
- Roll the pastry pieces up firmly to encase the fillings and place onto the prepared tray, leaving 5cm between croissants.
- Brush each croissant with the egg and bake for as long as the croissant instructions suggest. Serve immediately.