Pear, Honey & Ginger Cake with Kāmahi Honey
Pear, honey and ginger make for a perfect combination of flavours in this easy-to-make dessert. With subtle spices of ginger and cinnamon, this beautiful cake is sure to impress. Our Kāmahi Honey lends its unique character and a lovely complexity of flavour to this delightful treat.
- 200g butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup MVH Kāmahi Honey
- 3 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pear, peeled & cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 pear, cored & thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. MVH Kāmahi Honey gently warmed in the microwave
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric beater until pale and fluffy. Add the honey and eggs, one at a time whilst beating.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl before adding to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined before folding through the chopped pear.
4. Pour the mixture in the prepared tin and spread evenly. Top with the pear slices and bake for 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the top becomes too dark, add a sheet of foil lightly over top.
5. Once baked, allow to cool in the tin before removing and drizzling with the remaining honey.