Using MVH Beech Honeydew Honey.
Sweet, savory, sticky and spicy, this golden chicken dish ticks all the boxes making a great shared or side dish.
- 1kg free-range chicken nibbles
- 5 coriander roots, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh turmeric, minced
- 2 kafir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 tbsp. of MVH Honeydew Honey
For the marinade, use a large pestle and mortar or food processor to pound or puree the coriander, garlic, onion, chili, turmeric, and kafir lime until it forms a paste. Add the fish sauce and honey and mix well.
Rub the marinade over the chicken and transfer to the fridge and leave overnight to marinade.
To cook the chicken, prepare your BBQ for medium heat (180°C).
Place the chicken on the grill and cook on each side for 10 minutes or until golden, sticky and cooked through.
Serve with a homemade chili sauce with a squeeze of lime juice.
A special thanks to Chelsea at Madame Lu’s Kitchen for collaborating with us on this recipe.