Terms & Conditions
This web site is owned and operated by Mountain Valley Honey Limited Partnership T/A Mountain Valley Honey, a New Zealand Business, and will be hereby referred to as “Mountain Valley Honey”, “we”, “our” and/or “us” in these Terms & Conditions.
Amendments to the Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to review and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately and in continuing to use the website you confirm and acknowledge that you accept any amendments to the terms and conditions. We recommend checking these terms and conditions each time you use the web site.
All prices are displayed in New Zealand currency and are inclusive of GST. Mountain Valley Honey may vary the prices of their products at any time and without prior notice.
We dispatch orders within 24 hours of payment being received. Orders made during the weekend or a public holiday will be sent on the next working day.
Target Delivery Times
Delivery can take 3 – 5 working days for most addresses but rural (non-urban) delivery can take up to 4 – 6 working days to arrive.
We send orders to New Zealand addresses via PostHaste Couriers.
Note: There are significant delays to Auckland deliveries due to COVID-19 restrictions and increases in parcel volumes.
We send orders to addresses outside New Zealand via DHL Express. Delivery can take 3 – 10 working days depending on your specific location.
Please note that international parcels are experiencing delays of up to 10 days due to COVID-19. We thank you for your patience during this time.
New Zealand delivery prices are as follows:
- Orders up to 10kg – $8 to $10
- Orders 10kg – 22kg – $13.00
- Non-urban addresses will incur an extra $6.00 delivery fee
- Orders up to 22kg within Nelson / Tasman area – $5.00
Shipping prices will vary depending on the size of your order and your shipping address location. You can get a shipping estimate by adding products to your cart and clicking ‘Calculate Shipping’ in the total section of the ‘Shopping Cart‘ page.
Please note that for international orders, the customer is responsible for all import duties, taxes and customs clearance fees.
In the unlikely event that your parcel is not delivered or is lost in transit, we have a flexible replace or refund policy, on a case by case basis.
International Export Restrictions
New Zealand only allows 2kg of honey to be sent overseas per order.
International customers need to be aware of the import rules for their own country before making an order. We advise you to research the honey importing rules and regulations of the country you are wanting to send honey to before purchasing our honey. We will not take any responsibility if your country does not accept our honey.
We are unable to send honey to the following locations:
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Western Australia
Products we CANNOT send internationally:
- Bakers Honey – it has been heated to separate it from the wax and does not meet export standards.
- Glass jars – they are too fragile and weigh heavier which can add a lot of cost to an international freight cost.
If for any reason product(s) is damaged, or the product(s) received is not the product that was ordered, Mountain Valley Honey will arrange collection for return and replace goods.
If an item is damaged in transit or the product(s) received is not the product(s) ordered, the Customer must alert Mountain Valley Honey within 24 hours of receipt of the order.
Clear photographs of the damage (or of the incorrect products) must be provided by the Customer to Mountain Valley Honey within 48 hours of receipt in order for us to process the return/refund.
We do not accept exchanges for food items. Please be careful what you order as exchanges are not available if you change your mind.
Please contact Mountain Valley Honey within 24 hours of making the order if you wish to cancel the order. We reserve the right not to process a cancellation after this time.
If an order is cancelled we must receive a cancellation confirmation via email, then we will refund where necessary to their nominated account within 24 hours of the cancellation request.
Jurisdiction / Disclaimer
This website is provided for use by New Zealand residents. Mountain Valley Honey makes no representations that the website complies with the laws of any country outside of New Zealand.
These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any legal action against Mountain Valley Honey must be taken in a Court in New Zealand.
Mountain Valley Honey does not accept any responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damage, or for any loss of profit, income or any intangible losses, or any claims, costs, expenses, or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), equity or otherwise, arising directly or indirectly from, or connected with, your use of this website or any linked website, or your reliance on information contained in or accessed through this website, or the online purchase of goods, including the failure of any order to be processed or any goods to be delivered.
The Customer agrees that in the event of any legal dispute relating to these terms and conditions the parties will attempt to settle matters by way of mediation at first instance.
Under no conditions do the terms and conditions of this sale contravene those laws as stated in the Consumer Guarantee’s Act 1993.
- The Gift Voucher can only be used on the website www.mountainvalleyhoney.co.nz.
- The Gift Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded.
- The Gift Voucher is not transferable to another person or account.
- The Gift Voucher cannot be used for shipping costs.
- If the full amount of the Gift Voucher is not used in a single order no credit, change or refund will be provided for the remaining balance.
- The Gift Voucher must be redeemed by the expiry date as specified on the voucher otherwise the full balance will be forfeited.
- Mountain Valley Honey reserves the right to change or modify the Gift Voucher terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Mountain Valley Honey is not liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of using this gift voucher.
- By using a Gift Voucher, you accept these Gift Voucher terms and conditions.
First Order Discount
Eligibility: The First Order Discount is available to new customers only and applies to their first purchase from Mountain Valley Honey. Existing customers or anyone who has previously made a purchase from Mountain Valley Honey is not eligible for this discount.
Exclusions: The discount does not apply to:
- Items that are already on sale.
- Items that are discounted for any other reason, including clearance.
- Gift vouchers or gift cards.
- Specific products that are otherwise mentioned as exempt from this discount on our website or in promotional materials.
Usage Limitations: The discount code is limited to one use per customer and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
Abuse of Discount: Mountain Valley Honey reserves the right to cancel any order if we determine that the customer is attempting to abuse the discount system. This includes but is not limited to:
- Making multiple orders with multiple accounts to take advantage of the discount.
- Placing orders that are not genuinely a customer’s first order with Mountain Valley Honey.
- Any other actions that, in Mountain Valley Honey’s sole discretion, are inconsistent with the intent and spirit of this promotion.
Validity: The discount is valid for a limited time only, as specified in promotional materials, and may be withdrawn or altered at any time without notice.
Modification of Terms: Mountain Valley Honey reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting, and customers agree to be bound by the modified terms by continuing to participate in the promotion.
No Cash Value: The discount has no cash value, and is non-transferable.
Governing Law: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand, without regard to conflict of law principles.
General: By using the discount code, customers agree to these terms and conditions. Any failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the cancellation of the discount and/or the relevant order.
25% Off Honey Gifts
- The promotion begins on December 1, 2023, at 00:00 AM and concludes on December 31, 2023, at 11:59 PM (NZST).
- A 25% discount is offered on items in the ‘Gift’ category but excludes Gift Vouchers.
- The Honey Pot discount, or any other discounts, offers, or promotions, cannot be combined with this 25% discount.
- This offer is open to all customers, subject to stock availability. Items are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The discount will be automatically applied at checkout to eligible items.
- The promoter reserves the right to change, amend, extend, or withdraw the promotion at any time, without notice.